to hold water water off a duck's back it makes my mouth water 这一课里我们再要讲两个和水,也就是和 water 这个字有关的词汇。第一个是 to hold water。 To hold water 按字面

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

in hot water to throw cold water on something 英语里有好些习惯用语都和

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Jerry Johnson interviews his mother, Carrie Conley, about raising six children as a single mother When he lay off. I just said Lord, what am I going to do with all these kids, by myself? and I just saved those small amount of money for food, cause e

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Danny: Dont bother looking for next years meeting calendar. Im still working on it. Tessa: Whats taking so long? Danny: This is my first time scheduling all of the major meetings for this company and Im getting thrown off by all of the things I have

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Broadcast: May 12, 2003 By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Each year, millions of people in Bangladesh drink ground water that has been polluted by naturally high levels

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

in hot water to throw cold water on something 英语里有好些习惯用语都和“水”,就是water这个字有关系。有的用:hot water;还有的用:cold water or deep water。在英语里

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Reading water meters in an unfamiliar part of town, I came upon a house with no number. Then I noticed an elderly man gardening at the first house on that block.

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Gary:Water Do we have enough of it? Will this precious resource be the cause of future wars? Turn the pages of your newspaper, tune in to the radio news: these topics appear over and over again. Water is a subject that affects us all; it touches our

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Maternal Health Practioners Advocate Saving Lives at Birth The World Health Organization estimates that every minute, a woman dies during pregnancy and millions of others suffer from infections and disease associated with childbearing. To combat this

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Technology Report - Event Aims to Build Interest in Science, Engineering This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Last week we reported on Microsoft Corporations Imagine Cup finals in the United States. Team FlashFood from Arizona State Uni

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

VOA慢速英语:在台北随着越来越多的人骑自行车出行,解决一些问题的同时引起了新问题的产生 AS IT IS 2014-02-11 In Taipei, Bikes Solve Some Problems, Create New Ones Hello, and welcome to As It Is from VOA LearningEng

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(334) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(二)月

By George Dwyer Washington, DC 25 July 2006 watch California Energy report California is facing a power emergency in the wake of record high temperatures. Air conditioning units across the state are set on high and consumers are being urged to conse

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

A man was sailing in a small boat,and dropped a precious pearl into the sea accidentally.When the man had returned to land,he took a pail,and began to scoop up the water and pour it on the shore.For three days he scooped and poured unwearie

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

BEIJING, Feb. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- The source of cadmium contamination in the Liujiang River had been blocked and tap water in Liuzhou is safe to drink, said environmental officials of the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Wednesday. Tap water from Liu

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

What happens when we run out of water? Over the last century, H20 has become so convenient we take it for granted. That's about to change Water is both mythic and real. It manages to be at once part of the mystery of life and part of the routine of l

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

How to Drink More Water (and Why You Should) Water is the driving force of all nature - Leonardo da Vinci Do you want a really simple way to improve your health and productivity? Heres a free and easy way to stay healthy and get more done which doesn

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You Dont Miss Your Water 歌手:Craig David 专辑:Slicker Than Your Average Craig David As I sail with you across the finest oceans On a way to find the key to our emotions Together we will move the clouds to brighter days Some people question w

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Reading water meters in an unfamiliar part of town, I came upon a house with no number. Then I noticed an elderly man gardening at the first house on that block. Excuse me, I said to him. Are you Number One?He smiled and replied, My wife thinks so!No

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Water对人的身体来说是非常重要的。在英语里,有一些和water有关的短语非常奇怪但又很形象。下面,就让我们就看看其中三个和water 有关的表达吧。 1. To hold water 站得住脚,说得通 按字面解释

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

not to mention 而且,也,除此之外还 He's so generous, he's given everyone a new computer and paid for training for us all. Not to mention all the money he's given to local schools to help the kids. 他太慷慨了。他给每个人都发了一

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说